Tuesday, May 20, 2008

HIT ME TV

Currently I'm doing a lot of shows with new dutch band HIT ME TV.

I am using my SPL Channel One premium with a BSS DPR901 inserted on Jaap's vocal, dbx 166 compressors on backing vocals
Jaap uses his own Shure Beta 58 which works fine and I've advised Frank (Guitar) and Thijs (Bass) to get a Shure Beta 57a to minimise spill from the drums. Already, Frank's vocal is cut-off by an Optogate PB05 when he's not in front of the mic and I'll get one for Thijs soon. Great invention these optogates! Especially in clubs.

Other mics: Audix D6 for Bass drum, Beyer m201's for snare top and bottom, sennheiser me64 for hihat, e 904's for toms and Audio Technica AT 4040's for "under"heads.
Frank's Matchless amp is picked up by an Audio Technica AT4033 and a Sennheiser MD409 on a stereo bar. A good old 421 does duty on bass amp.

Hope to get some nice di's soon, like a radial stereo di for the keys/sampler and maybe an avalon u5 for bass di. Need to do some more shows first though....

Next one is May 22, 2008 in Speakers, Delft and Saturdat 24th of May it's Utrecht's Festival aan de Werf, right in the city centre.

Cheers, Allert

No comments: